OC DC once again finds Get The Blessing elbowing their way out of easy categorisation. The Bristol-based four-piece have deftly ploughed their jazzy post-rock furrow since the release of their debut All Is Yes back in 2008, drawing enthusiastic comparisons to similarly inventive acts like Tortoise and Polar Bear. The follow-up, 2009's Bugs In Amber, cemented their affable rapport with critics and fans alike, and further defied the boundaries and boxes that were placed around them - the Metro claimed in its glowing review that, "Occasionally you hear a jazz album that you know would shift truckloads of units if only it weren't labelled 'jazz'. Bugs In Amber is just such a disc." From the upbeat rollicking title track that kicks off proceedings, to the lilting cinematic closer Pentopia, OC DC exudes energy and invention at every turn. The intricate but absolutely rock-solid rhythm section forms the glue that holds Get The Blessing together, with the dual sax and trumpet frontline working with the bass to create melodies and harmonies. Alongside their jazz roots, Get The Blessing's multiple other influences are also evident.
In stock. Shipping now.
- 24 / 44.1
WAV / FLAC
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
- 1 OC DC 4:37 Get The Blessing Buy
- 2 Americano Meccano 5:19 Get The Blessing Buy
- 3 Torque 4:57 Get The Blessing Buy
- 4 Adagio In Wot Minor 5:08 Get The Blessing Buy
- 5 Between Fear And Sex 5:00 Get The Blessing Buy
- 6 The Waiting 6:06 Get The Blessing Buy
- 7 Low Earth Orbit 5:13 Get The Blessing Buy
- 8 Pentopia 8:01 Get The Blessing Buy